Are you looking for an easy way to prune your large trees? Look no further than the Milwaukee Pole Saw! With this powerful and versatile tool, you can easily cut branches that are up to 15 feet high without having to worry about a ladder or scaffolding. The saw is equipped with many useful extensions which make it even more efficient – but how many of them can you add? Read on to find out more about the Milwaukee Pole Saw and its extensions.
Table of Contents
What is a Pole Saw?
A pole saw is a type of chainsaw that is mounted onto an extendable pole. It makes it possible to reach tall trees without having to use a ladder or scaffolding. The saw can also be adjusted to different angles, allowing it to access hard-to-reach places and providing better accuracy when cutting branches. Pole saws are available in corded and battery-powered models, making them a great choice for professional arborists and homeowners.
Milwaukee Pole Saws Overview
Milwaukee is a leading manufacturer of power tools and equipment, and its pole saws are no exception. The Milwaukee Pole Saw features durable construction with an 18-inch bar and chain that can cut through thick branches with ease. It also features a telescoping shaft that extends up to 10 feet, allowing you to reach even the highest branches. The saw has an adjustable head, making it easy to access hard-to-reach places and giving you better accuracy when pruning .
Benefits of Using a Milwaukee Pole Saw
The Milwaukee Pole Saw offers many benefits, making it a great choice for those looking to maintain their trees and shrubs. Here are some of the advantages of using this powerful tool:
One of the main benefits of using a Milwaukee Pole Saw is its extended reach. With an extendable shaft that can go up to 10 feet in length, you can easily reach high branches without having to worry about a ladder or scaffolding. It makes it much easier and safer to prune your trees without putting yourself in danger.
The Milwaukee Pole Saw also features an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to use for long periods. The saw is equipped with adjustable handles that reduce fatigue and provide a secure grip. The saw’s lightweight construction makes it easy to maneuver even when extended to its full length.
The Milwaukee Pole Saw is also incredibly versatile. It can be used for a variety of different tasks, from pruning trees to cutting through thick branches. The saw also features many extensions you can use for different applications.
Types of Extensions
The Milwaukee Pole Saw is equipped with many useful extensions that can be used for different applications. Here are the three types of extensions available :
Telescoping extensions are designed to increase the reach of your saw by extending its shaft up to 10 feet in length. It enables you to access hard-to-reach branches without having to use a ladder or scaffolding. The extensions are made from durable materials and are easy to attach and detach.
Articulating extensions allow you to adjust the angle of your saw for better accuracy when cutting branches. It makes it easier to access hard-to-reach places and gives you more control when pruning. The extensions are designed to lock into place securely, making them safe and reliable to use.
Universal extensions are designed to fit a variety of different saws, including the Milwaukee Pole Saw. These extensions can be used for many applications such as trimming hedges or cutting through thick branches. They are made with durable materials and are easy to attach and detach.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Adding Extensions
Adding extensions to your Milwaukee Pole Saw has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are the top pros and cons you must be aware of:
- Increased reach – With extended shafts and articulating extensions, you can easily access hard-to-reach branches from a safe distance;
- Better accuracy – Articulating extensions allow you to adjust the angle of your saw for better accuracy when making cuts;
- Versatility – Universal extensions can be used for a variety of different tasks, from hedge trimming to cutting through thick branches;
- Durability – All extensions are designed to be durable and secure, making them safe and reliable to use;
- Cost-effective – Extensions are much more cost-effective than buying a separate saw for each application;
- Easy storage – The extensions are compact and lightweight, making them easy to store when not in use;
- Safety – With extended shafts and adjustable handles, you can reduce the risk of injury by keeping a safe distance from the saw blade;
- Time-saving – You don’t need to adjust your ladder or scaffolding each time you want to reach a different branch;
- Longer battery life – Using extensions reduces the amount of time your saw is in use, which increases its battery life;
- Increased efficiency – With increased reach and accuracy, you can work faster and more efficiently.
- Increased weight – Adding extensions increases the overall weight of your pole saw, making it more difficult to maneuver;
- Possible safety hazards – If the extensions are not properly secured, they can create a potential hazard when in use;
- Cost – Extensions can be expensive depending on the type and number you purchase;
- Difficult to store – The extra length and weight of the extensions can make them difficult to store when not in use;
- Reduced performance – With increased weight, the saw’s overall performance may be reduced;
- Difficulty attaching – Some extensions can be difficult to attach and detach from the pole saw;
- Limited reach – Depending on your height, you may not be able to reach branches that are too high or low;
- Possible wear and tear – The extra length of the extensions may cause them to wear out more quickly;
- Difficult to transport – The extra weight and length of the extensions can make them difficult to transport from one place to another;
- Reduced battery life – Depending on how often you use your pole saw, using extensions may reduce its overall battery life.
How Many Extensions Can You Put on a Milwaukee Pole Saw?
The Milwaukee Pole Saw is a versatile tool, and its extended reach makes it an ideal choice for pruning trees. However, if you want to maximize your saw’s potential, you may be wondering how many extensions you can put on a Milwaukee Pole Saw. Here are some suggestions to help you :
Factors to Consider
When determining how many extensions you can put on your Milwaukee Pole Saw, there are several factors to consider. These include:
- The type of extension;
- The length of the extension;
- The weight capacity of the saw;
- You should also pay attention to the saw’s overall performance when using more than one extension.
Maximum Extension Length
The maximum extension length for the Milwaukee Pole Saw is 10 feet. It means you can attach up to four extensions, each extending 2.5 feet in length. However, if you are going to use universal extensions, you will be able to extend the saw further.
Recommended Number of Extensions
The recommended number of extensions for the Milwaukee Pole Saw is two or three. it allows you to reach a variety of different heights without overloading the saw’s weight capacity or reducing its overall performance. Using two or three extensions will help maximize the battery life of your pole saw.
How Do You Put an Extension on a Pole Saw?
Putting an extension on a pole saw is relatively easy. All you need to do is follow these steps:
Step 1: Select the Appropriate Extension
The first step in attaching an extension to your pole saw is to select the appropriate one for your needs. It will depend on the type of saw and what kind of projects you plan on taking on. Make sure to get an extension that is compatible with your saw and has a maximum length of 10 feet.
Step 2: Attach the Extension to the Saw
Once you’ve selected the right extension for your pole saw, you can start attaching it. Most extensions come with detailed instructions on how to do it securely and safely. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and check that the extension is securely attached before using it.
Step 3: Secure the Extension
Once you’ve attached the extension, you’ll need to secure it in place. You can achieve it with a few screws or bolts. Make sure that they are tightened properly so the extension won’t come loose during use. It’s also a good idea to check that the extension is securely attached before every use.
Step 4: Test the Extension
After securing the extension, you should test it out to make sure that it is securely in place and won’t come loose when using the saw. It is especially important if you are using an articulating extension, as they tend to move around more than standard extensions. Make sure to check all of the connections before using them to ensure your safety.
Once you’ve attached and tested the extension, you are ready to start using your pole saw! With an extended reach, you can now take on more projects and get more done with your saw. Make sure to always use caution when operating a pole saw and follow all of the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure your safety.
How long does the Milwaukee Pole Saw extend?
The Milwaukee Pole Saw can extend up to 10 feet in length. You can achieve it by adding up to four extensions, each extending 2.5 feet in length.
How long is the M18 Pole Saw?
The M18 Pole Saw is six feet in length without extensions. With four 2.5-foot extensions, it can reach up to 10 feet in length.
Does the Milwaukee Pole Saw need oil?
Yes, it does. The Milwaukee Pole Saw requires oil for lubrication. It is important to use the recommended type of oil and keep it full for optimal performance and safety .
Are pole saws dangerous?
Pole saws can be dangerous if used incorrectly or without taking necessary safety precautions. Always read the manufacturer’s instructions before using a pole saw and make sure to wear the appropriate safety gear.
Can I use olive oil for a pole saw?
No, you cannot. Olive oil should not be used in a pole saw as it is too thick and will not provide the necessary lubrication. Instead, use the recommended type of oil for your specific pole saw.
What is the best type of extension to use on a Milwaukee Pole Saw?
The best type of extension to use on a Milwaukee Pole Saw is one that is compatible with the saw and has a maximum length of 10 feet. Universal extensions may also be used to extend the reach of the saw further if necessary.
Are pole saws good for cutting branches?
Yes, they are. Pole saws are great tools for cutting branches and trimming trees. They are lightweight and easy to maneuver, allowing you to reach branches that are high up or difficult to access. However, it is important to follow all safety instructions when using a pole saw.
Can I use 2 extensions on a Milwaukee Pole Saw?
Yes, you can. You can use up to four extensions on a Milwaukee Pole Saw, each extending 2.5 feet in length. However, it is recommended to use no more than two or three for optimal performance and battery life .
How often should I oil my pole saw?
It is recommended to oil your pole saw after every use or at least once a month if you are using it frequently. Make sure to use the correct type of oil and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for best results.
What does Milwaukee Pole Saw attach to?
The Milwaukee Pole Saw attaches to standard saw poles with a compatible thread. It is also compatible with universal extensions, allowing you to extend the reach of the saw further if necessary.
Can I cut through metal with a pole saw?
No, you cannot. It is not recommended to use a pole saw to cut through metal as it can be dangerous and damage the blade. Instead, use a metal-cutting saw for this type of job.
How do you put a chain on a Milwaukee pole saw?
Putting a chain on a Milwaukee pole saw is relatively easy:
- Start by following the instructions in your user manual, making sure that all of the parts are securely attached;
- Then, use pliers to attach the bar and tensioner before finally adding the chain and adjusting it as necessary;
- Finally, test out the saw to make sure it is running smoothly before using it.
Useful Video: Milwaukee M18 Pole Saw: IS IT JUNK!? Reviewing the Milwaukee M18 Quick-Lok Pole Saw.
The Milwaukee Pole Saw is a versatile tool, perfect for pruning trees or reaching difficult spots. With the use of extensions, you can extend its reach even further and get more tasks done efficiently. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure your safety and maximize the performance of your pole saw. With careful consideration and a little bit of knowledge, you can make sure that your pole saw is ready for any job.