Choose the Best Wet Tile Saw
Customer’s Choice: the Best Wet Tile Saws
5 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
A wet tile saw is an electric or gas-powered machine used for professional and DIY projects. Tile saws are essential tools that allow users to make precise cuts with ease on different types of materials, including porcelain, ceramic tiles, stone, glass, marble, and granite countertops. They can be particularly useful for cutting angles as well as through-cuts because they also have a feature for making plunge cuts (triangular holes).
Why do you need a wet tile saw?
Wet tile saws offer many benefits over non-wet models:
- More power. Because water acts as a lubricant in the process of cutting tiles into pieces using this type of tool it reduces friction between the blade and material being cut by up to 75%;
- Less dust and particles. Tile saws with water can produce up to 90% less fine particles than dry models. This is great for people who want a cleaner work area after making cuts, as well as anyone dealing with respiratory issues or allergies that might be exacerbated by the presence of tile dust in the air;
- Cleaner cuts. Because wet tile saws are used in conjunction with water they provide a way to manage debris and fluids on-site before it becomes airborne. When compared to using hand tools like angle grinders, power cutters, sanding pads, or pneumatic fasteners this type of cutting tool offers much better results when it comes to creating clean lines during projects involving tiling materials;
What types of tiles can you cut with a wet tile saw?
A large variety of materials can be used in conjunction with this type of cutting tool. Some examples include ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, marble and granite countertops, glass blocks/tiles for showers, or other areas where glass is being installed as part of the building structure or décor. Wet saws are also able to make plunge cuts (triangular holes) which allow users to install drain applications quickly on different types of surfaces like stone or cement slabs.
A wet tile saw is a tool that cuts and shapes ceramic tile. This guide will teach you the basics about this machine, such as how it works, what kind of features to look for when shopping and where to buy one. Experts have also put together a list of reviews from actual users who offer their opinions on some models that they have tried out. Read on to find your perfect wet tile saw under $300!
SKIL 3540-02 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw – the Editor’s choice!
One of the more portable tile saws, this is an ideal choice for projects that require mobility. Anyone who struggles to maintain a constant workstation will find it very helpful.
- Resistant to corrosion;
- Stainless steel frame;
- Adjustable rip fence;
- Bevel cuts from 0 to 45 degrees;
- Small and portable;
- Good for light-duty tasks;
- The surface gets gritty;
- Can’t see what you cut;
The Skil 3540-02 saw is the perfect companion for those thin-cutting jobs that you can’t tackle with a power saw. With the included rip fence and adjustable bevel, there are countless patterns to create without the need for another tool.
SKIL 3550-02 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw – the best for reduced cleanup time!
It takes up little space and is easily transportable, resulting in quick installation of tile at home or on the job. The water containment system maintains an even surface for tile applications and reduces clean-up time. For accurate, straight cuts there’s a miter gauge for 45-degree angles that can be adjusted to 0 degrees for linear cuts. Experts offer this product with 3 different rip fences so you’ll always have your preferred measurements available as well as a durable aluminum table top.
- The speed is 3600 RPM;
- Accurate and straight cuts;
- Hydro-lock water containment system;
- Durable aluminum tabletop;
- Flexible cut angles;
- Average build;
- The guide only adjusts front and back;
Enjoy accurate angles for cuts with the SKIL wet tile saw. The aluminum table surface is rust-resistant and provides a durable work area to receive tiles up to 18 x 18-inches. With 3 bevel cut options (0, 22.5 and 45 degrees), you can adjust this product to get all the angles you need for your job.
PORTER-CABLE Wet Tile Saw – the best for portability!
The stainless steel fixed deck means that this tool can take as much abuse as your job site will give it – perfect for the tough conditions faced by professionals every day, all while ensuring clean sheets of consistent cutting without having to worry about leaks or spilling.
- Lightweight and portable;
- Easy carrying;
- Splash Guard;
- Stainless steel fixed deck;
- Has a drain plug;
- A bit slow compared to other wet tile saws;
- Flimsy plastic;
- The guard doesn’t line up with the blade;
Designed for professional contractors, you can depend on this powerful wet saw with 2850 RPM blade speed and stainless steel fixed deck. Plus, it’s equipped with a unique drain plug that allows quick water removal without making a mess while transporting or operating the tool.
QEP 22650Q 650XT Tile Saw for Wet Cutting – the best for heavy-duty tasks!
Whether you’re tiling your kitchen at home or installing new flooring in a church basement, this high-quality QEP 22650Q 650XT Tile Saw for Wet Cutting makes it easy!
- Decent speed of 3600 RPM;
- Powerful motor;
- Cuts through ceramic, porcelain, marble, granite tiles and stone;
- Durable steel;
- Flat-table design;
- The blade is not square;
- Sometimes the safety bar doesn’t stay in;
- The screws are quite short;
The QEP 22650Q 650XT Tile Saw for Wet Cutting lets you make intricate cuts without breaking a sweat. This tile saw is ideal for both dry and wet cutting tasks, and offers a lot of power to cut through your toughest projects.
MK Diamond 157222 7-Inch Bench Wet Tile Saw – the best blade!
This great saw will give you everything you need to get your job done. It’s lightweight and easy to operate, but still has the power and strength required for heavy-duty jobs. You won’t find many saws like this one on the market because it’s been designed by professionals, so not only does it have all of the features necessary for tile work; but also includes a submersible water pump and rip guide!
- High torque speed of 5500 RPM;
- High-impact thermoplastic water container;
- 7-inch diamond blade;
- One-year warranty;
- The screws holes become stripped;
- The rip fence is flimsy;
- No 45-degree jig;
You don’t need to be a pro with MK Diamond’s wet tile saw. This high-quality saw will make fast work of any tile job you have, and it is lightweight enough that professionals and DIYers alike can take it anywhere.