Choose the Best Log Splitter
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Log Splitter
3 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
As a professional gardener and owner of the best garden yard in the neighborhood (according to my wife), I don’t like to deal with the logs and big branches after cutting trees. That’s why I started to look for a special tool – log splitter – made to cut even the thickest branches left after a long gardening day.
Usually, I start with explaining the advantages of my gardening tools – but this time, I want to say about the serious drawback of any expert (not DYI) splitter for logs. On average, their price varies – $200 – $300. So, the choice must be very considered to avoid spending investments in vain. You ought to understand the pros and cons of every model before making a purchase. To save your time and money, my friends and I tested over 15 different log splitters and chose the top 10 models that are worth spending money.
Quick look: PoleSawGuide’s pick of top 5 best log splitters for gardeners
- Powerhouse XM-380 – my overall decision based on such criteria as capacity, power of the motor and 15-inch distance;
- WEN 56207 – this instrument has the most powerful engine (15 A);
- Boss Industrial ES7T20 – its “splitting force” is amazing 7 tons, I couldn’t ignore such a distinctive feature;
- Southland SELS60 – can boast 18-second cycle time and a stroke limiter;
- Goplus 6 – is a very popular splitting appliance among my friends;
Surely, I have other 5 models if you didn’t find any good instrument for cutting logs. Or you may pick any other instrument in this category – just make sure that the asked cost is worth your investment. I’m very interested in your choice and experience with this quite new instrument in my collection of gardening instruments. By the way, be cautious while using one of the splitters at home – check the tutorial or hire a specialist!