This resource is dedicated to the professional tools that are required for gardening works, like shredding and cutting the branches in particular. Surely, I couldn’t skip the niche of manual pole saws, though personally, I think that automatic or semi-automatic instruments come very handy. However, by responding to the request of my colleagues and audience was my duty, so I decided to research this category like I’ve never done before. Most of my team members are professional landscape designers and can advise exactly what to seek in such tools.
Our top 3 of the instruments that combine affordability and quality:
- DOCAZOO DocaPole became the first number after multiple tests of its super-sharp 13” blade;
- Fiskars 393951-1001 is another double-grind sawing instrument with the secured double lock system;
- Jameson LS-6PKG-6 was picked because of awesome aluminum-made thimbles and versatile extending pole;
As usual, my initial idea was to create the top 10 of the tools that are budget-friendly for every landscape designer. One nuance – the choice was limited by $150 per single instrument. Surely, I used other parameters during my researches.
Major criteria for purchasing a manual sawing instrument:
- Length – it’s preferable to pick a cutter with the extendable handle (no less than 4 ft.);
- Material – we tried to limit our initial row of sawing instruments to the ones made of aluminum, steel or fiberglass. Also, pay attention to the instrument’s weight – don’t pick a too light or sturdy saw;
- Blade – the most important part of a manual tool with an extending pole. It must be made of lasting, top-notch material fully resistant to rust. If you manage to keep such a blade clean (especially teeth), it will serve you for many years;
Also, I’ve added the video tutorial of how to install and use this appliance for pruning. In other words, our dedicated PoleSawGuide team did the thorough research, did over 50 hours of tests and picked the greatest manual pole saws under $120. We sincerely hope you’ll use any of these instruments for a very long time.