Sometimes you can’t do without chipping wooden logs. Another special instrument comes handy – a shredder for trees. As far as I researched, all chippers may be roughly divided into 2 types:
- Electric – the cheapest products (about $100) but have lower performance and limited portability;
- Gas-based – provide more performance but also more expensive (over $130);
The outcome of my tests turned to be quite fruitful – I hoped to pick from 3 to 5 models that are good enough to my criteria. However, I managed to pick 10 awesome chippers that I can recommend not just to homeowners but also to professional gardeners.
Among the picked shredding tools for gardening are the Sun Joe CJ602E (the unbiased leader according to my personal opinion and feedback left by my team of expert gardeners), GreatCircleUSA, Earthquake TAZZ, Powerhorse Chipper, Eco-Shredder ES1600, Earthwise GS70015, YARDMAX YW7565, and PowerSmart PS10.
As promised in the title, I name our team’s criteria for picking the best wood chippers:
- Design – not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind when you pick the tool worth over $200. But some instruments come with special wheels for easier movement around the yard;
- Durability – it’s worth investing in the instrument that will serve for many years. That is why all chipping instruments in this PoleSawGuide review are made only of top-notch materials and coated with special powder to avoid any corrosion;
- Performance rate – make sure to purchase a chipping tool that may handle any wooden pieces or at least the diameter of the logs laying in the yard;
- Safety – the auto-shutoff feature is a good thing;
I sincerely hope that this particular PoleSawGuide review will help people who need to clean a yard from large logs or branches. The opinions of my audience, clients and customers were also taken into account. After hours and hours of research, our team came up with 10 top-rated chipping instruments in the U.S. market. The incredibly useful tutorial shows how to apply wood chippers. Please, leave your feedback!