The Worx WG305 is a versatile, powerful saw that can perform light-duty tasks like limb cutting, branches, bushes, dead pines, saplings, and so on. For this sort of work, less power than more expensive chainsaws isn’t quite noticeable.
It also has a switch that allows it to start with the safety lock engaged, which is similar to other electric chainsaws. It features zero emissions as part of its start-up procedure, and the user must engage the safety lock switch and throttle trigger to turn it on. The saw will startup after the safety lock is released. When the throttle is removed, the chain slows down gradually until it comes to a complete stop.
WORX WG305 User Manual
The saw is a joy to use. It weighs less than 7 pounds and is one of the lightest saws on the market, making it easily transportable by most individuals. It is well-liked by older people and persons with other impairments who find heavier versions difficult to manage, according to user comments. It includes a rubberized overgrip handle for added comfort and stability, as well as a small design that makes it quite simple to move about.
The Worx WG305 Electric Chainsaw is an affordable corded tool that offers many features found on the models that are more expensive. It has a powerful 8-amp electric motor, which means it can cut through branches up to seven inches in diameter with ease. The saw’s lightweight design makes it easy to carry around the yard or job site, so you can use your hands for other tasks while still having quick access to power-cutting capabilities when needed.
Check the guide about this cost-effective chainsaw with product specifications and FAQ answered by experts.
- Dimensions are 10 x 16 x 8 inches;
- Corded power source;
- Weighs 6.6 pounds;
- 8 Amp motor;
- Auto tensioning chain;
- Hardened steel blade;
- ABS plastic for the frame;
- The cord length is 0.33 feet;
- 14 gauge;
- Automatic chain oiling;
- Includes a chain brake;
- Limited 3-year warranty;
Who would have guessed that chainsaws could be so simple to use? Worx engineers did, and the saw they created is not only ergonomic but also user-friendly, with plenty of power and length.
Worx WG305.1 is a lightweight, easy-to-use chainsaw. It’s rather comfy to utilize, with one of the most comfortable chainsaws you can buy, which is also its main attraction besides price. If you’re not left-handed, that is; because it’s meant to be held in the right hand while the left grasps the front handle.
If you want to use a cord-powered chainsaw, the Worx WG305.1 is a cord-powered chainsaw with an 8 Amp motor. You’ll burn out the engine if you use one with a gauge rating of 18 (or a lower number) since it’s too large.
The Worx WG305 chainsaw does not come with a cord, so if you don’t have one of sufficient gauge rating, you’ll need to purchase it to operate the saw.
With a 14-inch bar, it can cut logs up to 28″ tall that are already on the ground, allowing you to tidy up after the storm. And because this chainsaw is electric, you won’t have to buy gas to run it and it’ll be much simpler to get started. You won’t have to pull on a cable over and over, and there will be no gasoline smell in the air.
The rubberized over-mold grips make this chainsaw surprisingly comfortable to use, even though it’s a chainsaw.
The powerful 8-Amp motor delivers consistent performance every time out.
It’s also worth noting that the safety chain should be checked frequently to make sure it is functioning correctly. The tool-less auto chain tensioning mechanism on this model makes checking this simple. Full instructions on how to set the correct tension are supplied, but it’s simply a case of turning the chain tensioning knob clockwise until it is hand tight. This is a fantastic method for keeping interruptions to a minimum since it eliminates the need to get out the tool kit.
It’s also quieter than a gasoline chainsaw, as it doesn’t vibrate nearly as much. It can cut through branches up to a maximum diameter of 2 inches in diameter.
This Worx 8-Amp Electric Chainsaw is also low-maintenance. This saw’s tool-less chain tightening mechanism and simple prime oil pump keep it running smoothly, which will significantly extend the bar and chain life.
It’s a perfectly balanced saw for light to medium pruning, limbing, trimming, and cleaning up debris around the yard. It’s also covered by a 3-year limited warranty with comprehensive customer care assistance just waiting on the phone.
Pros & Cons of WORX WG305This Worx WG305 14-inch corded electric chainsaw is capable of handling any tree, no matter how big or tough it may be. The chainsaw has an 8-amp motor and a low kickback guide bar to provide you the power and precision you need while trimming, pruning, or cleaning up debris around the yard.
The Buyer’s Guide
Electric chainsaws are very useful tools to have around the home. As their name suggests, they run on electricity and do not need any gas or oil mixture in order to function properly. They are also lighter than a conventional chainsaw that makes them much easier for both men and women alike who may suffer from back injuries when using traditional saws.
Major features of the Worx WG305 electric chainsaw:
- No need for gas or oil mixture;
- Much lighter than conventional saws;
- Can be used by women and men with back injuries;
- More affordable than traditional models;
Here is how you should choose Worx WG305 chainsaws:
- Do not cut overhead limbs or branches that are too large for the chainsaw. These can cause damage to the device, pose a risk of injury, and in some cases lead to injuries such as severe cuts, wounds, and fractures;
- Be aware of unsecured objects around the area where you intend to use your chainsaw as they may pose a risk should the blade meet them. These include rocks, stones among others which can cause serious injuries if hit by the blade and damage it or lower its performance rate significantly in some cases;
- Rather less powerful than conventional chainsaws but still a good option for light work at home or around the yard. It is also much easier on the back because of the lightweight design that makes it perfect even for those who have suffered from serious back problems. Also, as mentioned before, there are no gas mixtures involved so this means that you won’t need to buy any gas for your chainsaw;
Safety and Maintenance
Although this is only a small, lightweight cutting job saw, it is still a hazardous instrument that must be handled with care at all times.
Several safety features are included in order to assist keep users safe:
- The kickback bar and low-kickback chain have been designed to meet the requirements set forth in ANSI B.175.1. These minimize, but do not prevent, the occurrence of kickback;
- To operate the throttle trigger, you must first engage the safety lock button, which is located beneath the grip. This prevents unwanted starting;
- Handguards on both sides of the handle to keep the hands away from wood, detritus, and the chain;
- Bumpers are made of steel or polyurethane and come with either three or six spikes. They allow you to more easily square your workpiece, especially when it’s being resized both vertically and horizontally;
- As usual, these safety measures should not be treated as a substitute for competent sawing. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use suitable safety gear such as gloves, eyewear, and clothes to ensure the safe operation of the saw;
Maintenance of Worx WG305:
- Keep the chain properly tensioned. It is recommended to use a tool that will help you adjust the blade correctly and keep it running smoothly for longer periods of time;
- Avoid cutting hardwood or metal objects with your chainsaw, especially when using low-quality blades as they can get damaged easily;
- Keep your chainsaw clean at all times. This will allow you to ensure that the device is in proper working order and does not pose a risk of injury or damage while using it;
- Be sure to check for loose nuts, bolts, screws, as they can cause serious injuries if left unattended;
- It’s important to make sure there are no cracks in any parts of the chainsaw before use – this includes wooden handles which may be cracked due to humidity changes among others factors (such as poor storage);
Things to consider when buying electric chainsaws:
For people who appreciate the use of power tools, buying the right equipment is important. Electric chainsaws are safer to use than other types, and they also provide plenty of benefits that make them worth owning.
However, finding one to buy can be difficult, as there are many different models available on the market today. Some do not work well for certain buyers; others may not offer features that could interest some consumers.
To help you find an electric chainsaw that will meet your needs, here are three things to consider before making a purchase:
1) Size of the tree or limbs
The first thing you should think about is what size tree or limb you need to cut down with an electric saw. If you just own small trees in your yard, then it does not make a lot of sense to buy a saw that is designed to cut down large trees. On the other hand, there are electric chainsaws designed for medium and large trees as well. If you plan on cutting down large trees often, then your best option would be to find an electric chainsaw with enough power to handle such tasks without hesitation or strain.
2) Additional features
The next thing you should think about is the features included with the saw. Some electric chainsaws offer additional features alongside their powerful motors and durable blades. Accessories like extra chains, carrying cases, and even fitted gloves can enhance how convenient it is to use an electric chainsaw. If you want more than just a tool that cuts through wood quickly, look at all of your options before making your choice.
3) Price point
The price of the electric chainsaw is also important. No one wants to spend too much money on something that he or she does not need. It is crucial to find an electric chainsaw that provides plenty of value without breaking the bank. Look at different types, brands, and models before selecting the one you can afford comfortably.
As long as these three things are considered by anyone interested in buying an electric chainsaw, it should be easy to find one that meets your needs. There are hundreds of different models available, so you should take the time to consider what type is best for your budget and lifestyle before making a purchase.
Alternatives to the Worx WG305
Worx WG305 isn’t even in the same league as some of the best electric chainsaws, yet at this price, you wouldn’t expect it to be. If you need to cut shrubs, pine limbs, or branches a few times a year and don’t want to spend a lot of money on an expensive chainsaw, Worx WG305 won’t be a bad option to consider despite certain drawbacks.
There are, however, other corded chainsaws that are just a bit more pricey but considerably more powerful, feature more options, and are better constructed than the Worx WG305.
The 8-Amp brushed motor on this saw is comparable to the Remington RM1425 Limb ‘N’ Trim, which has a feisty 8.0 Amp brushless motor. This underscores the fact that this is primarily a light-duty cutting saw. Despite its small size, the engine is clearly capable of handling the activities for which it was created.
Some of other (petrol) recommendations include:
- Makita UC4051A Electric Chain Saw – with its 16-inch bar it’s perfect for medium tasks around your yard and garden;
- STIHL MS 291 C-BE Petrol Brushcutter (Cylinder) – this machine features an anti-vibration system to stop fatigue during long periods of use and has great safety ratings all across the board;
- Husqvarna 450 16-inch gas-powered chainsaws have double front handlebars so that they can be operated by two people and are very popular amongst professionals;
Mine Worx WG305 leaked oil all over the place. Is it defective?
No, Worx WG305 did not leak oil all over the place. It is a feature of this chainsaw to do so, and it’s called a “chasing bar”. This means that when you are cutting into limbs or even downed trees with large diameter trunks, then there will be some kind of lubrication (in the form of small drops) dripping down from the tip area as well as beneath the chain around where your saw rests on top of what you’re cutting.
Generally speaking, if your Worx WG305 does in fact leak oil everywhere right from new out-of-the-box then something might have gone wrong during transport or manufacturing. However, it could also just mean that you got an especially salty/greasy unit from the factory.
These are not usually cleaned up and then re-covered with oil or rust preventative. So, you will have to do that yourself when necessary. If this is something you’re worried about before purchase, but a local hardware store where they sell Worx WG305 saws can show it to you in person first (and let you hold it).
Where can you get replacement gear for Worx WG305?
The replacement parts for the Worx WG305 can be found on their website. You will need to contact customer service and tell them your model number in order to find what you are looking for if they do not have it listed already.
Can you add the pole to the Worx WG305 or what will you need to do?
The pole is not included with the Worx WG305. If you would like to use this chainsaw for overhead cutting, you will need to purchase a long extension pole.
Where can you get the extension pole for Worx WG305?
Worx WG305 does not come with an extension pole. You have to buy it separately, but you can find one on Amazon or any other chainsaw dealer where this tool is sold.
Does Worx WG305 come with oil?
It isn’t oiled, but it is lubricated. There is no bottle of oil included, however.
What is the best way or device to sharpen the chain of Worx WG305?
Sharpening your chain is an essential part of the maintenance process. This can be done by using a file or sharpener, however, with such a powerful and fast tool it’s important to have all the right equipment so you don’t damage anything in the process. For example, you may use a Dremel tool with an abrasive disc.
Does the oil self-lubricate or do you have to press a button or squeeze something?
To lubricate it, you must press a button. The oil leaks, though, due to the excessive amount of leakage that it may be said to be self-lubricating.
Video Guide: Review of the Worx WG305 Electric Chainsaw
Worx is proud to offer our WG305 Electric Chainsaw, which enables you to easily tackle projects in your yard or on the job site. Whether you need a lightweight tool for pruning trees and bushes, cutting down small-diameter logs for firewood, making crosscuts in wood stock when building furniture, or even cleanly slicing through brush blocking trails during hunting season, this chainsaw will get the job done with ease. If it’s time for an upgrade from your old gas-powered model that doesn’t start anymore no matter how many times you pull on the cord (or have died altogether), don’t hesitate!